What is Teething?
Teething symptoms vary between one baby and the next. Many children have little or no problem with teething, while others may have significant discomfort. The discomfort or pain associated with teething comes and goes and may seem to ease after several minutes.
Teething may cause the following symptoms:
- increased dribbling,
- restless or decreased sleeping due to gum discomfort;
- refusal of food due to soreness of the gum region;
- fussiness that comes and goes;
- bringing the hands to the mouth;
- mild rash around the mouth due to skin irritation secondary to excessive drooling; and
- rubbing the cheek or ear region as a consequence of referred pain during eruption of the molars