"Dog Biscuit" Delicious Slice
This was given to me by an Antenatal Class Mother. Very yummy and easy to make.
- 250g butter
- 1 cup sugar ( I use raw sugar)
- 3 tbsp golden syrup.
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour ( I am quite generous with my cups as otherwise it can be a little buttery)
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1-2 Cups of various nuts and/or dried fruit (I do 2 cups of a mixture dates chopped, chocolate and almonds)
- Melt together butter, sugar and golden syrup.
- Mix in flours, rolled oats, coconut and baking powder.
- Add mixed nuts and/or dried fruit - basically anything you like.
- Press into a baking paper lined oven tray.
- bake at 180C for 15-20mins.
- Cut when still slightly warm.