What is it? What do they do?
They believe if the body is functioning well it can maintain itself in a healthy state.
Some describe Osteopaths are a bit like having a check up or service on your body.
There may not be anything really wrong but you feel like your body is not functioning to it's full potential. Example you may have a niggle of pain in your knee or a sore back that is okay sometimes but not at other times. If the body is out of alignment then there is poor blood supply to areas and dis-ease can develop.
Or you go to them because you have a particular problem.
They are very beneficial when planning to get pregnant, are pregnant or have given birth. They also treat babies and children.
Examples of what they treat
- Menstrual problems
- Back pain
- Oedema and swelling in pregnancy and postnatally.
- Induction oflLabour
- Helping to get babies in the optimum position in your pelvis for birth
- Breastfeeding issues
- Babies crying, wind, reflux, colic etc
- Constipation problems or bloatedness or tightness in the abdominal area.
- Sleep issues
- Ear problems
- Irritability or unsettledness post vaccination.
- and much more.........