Koru Clinic Family Osteopathy
366 Huia rd Titirangi
ph 817 5768
Martien has a strong history and training in Pregnancy, Paediatrics (babies and children), Cranial Osteopathy and Biodynamic Cranial Osteopathy.
Martien has been an Osteopath since 2000. She has an Honors Degree in Osteopathy from the European School of Osteopathy in Maidstone, Kent, UK. She was prior to this an Occupational Therapist in a hospital setting and has been working in healthcare for over 20 years. She is regulated by the Osteopathic Council of New Zealand and holds a current Annual Practicing Certificate which is reviewed annually based on continued professional development.
She is ACC registered.
Martien has worked at the;
- Osteopathic Centre for children in London.
- The Active Birth Centre in London.
- Barnett Hospital, London in the Special care baby unit.
- Untitec - NZ School of Osteopathy as a lecturer and examiner.
- StillPoint Osteopathy in Epsom, Auckland.
- Now solely from home in Private Practice.
I am passionate about helping babies have the best start in life and have 13 years of experience in treating pregnant women and their newborns. Supporting a woman while she's pregnant can help her prepare for birth, whether it be natural or medical. This often results in a happier mother and baby.
Early osteopathic intervention for both baby and mum can be so helpful in smoothing the road forward, for example; breast feeding problems, colic, reflux, physical discomfort, post-natal blues and more. This is why I am encouraging people to come as soon as possible after they have given birth. Don't feel you have to rush here but make one of your first trips out of the house to the osteopath.
Martien has a special for pregnant mums and newborn babies. Your first treatment in pregnancy is discounted and if you bring your baby before they are three months old, you can have two treatments half price for both mum and baby.
Martien feels it is very satisfying treating mums as they often put themselves last looking after their families and new babies.
Martien says "I make every effort to explain clearly what I am doing and what I have found so parents understand my treatment. I like to treat mothers prior to their babies as this builds trust and calmness before I treat the baby.
Martien works as a General Osteopath, however the treatment of women during and after pregnancy, their newborns and children are her passion.
She believes the quality of your pregnancy, your emotional connection to your birth experience and the early time with your child is so important.
Now as a Mother herself she can utilise her knowledge as well as her personal experience.
Osteopathy can be beneficial on many levels for a woman.
For the baby.
- Easing some of the physical discomforts of pregnancy.
- Preparing for the demands of labour physically and emotionally.
- Positioning of the baby in your pelvis.
- Helping threatened miscarriage.
- Helping the Mother recover after birth physically and emotionally.
- Bonding and connecting with your baby.
- Breastfeeding and preventing breast infections known as'mastitis'.
- Pelvic floor issues.
- Helping to ease crying and irritability.
- Feeding problems.
- Sickness, colic, wind, reflux,
- Constipation or gut issues with tightness.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Physical restrictions or moulding in the body and head.
- Resolving stress in the body after a difficult birth.
- To ease post vaccination stress and irritability or sleep disturbances.
- Helping your baby to meet the developmental milestones.
If you have any questions please feel free to call me. Looking forward to being of assistance to you, your baby and the whole family.