Antenatal Classes offering "Expert evidenced based advice, support and products
that allow you to discover ways for a calmer pregnancy, birth, baby and parenthood"
Trusted advice that focuses on your values.
❤️ Unsettled baby
❤️ Emotional Support and Encouragement
*We support parents using Acceptance & Commitment Therapy skills, but we are not a psychology service and unfortunately we cannot accept crisis referrals or mental health care plans.
- Each booking is for a Pregnant woman and one support person.
- 8 per class so there is time to connect and meet others.
Topics Covered include:
- Please note: We ask you to bring something for a shared lunch for the Pregnant Mother and one support person (e.g. husband, partner or a friend) for each day . The food is ideally suitable for vegetarians, but not for gluten intolerant.
- Optimal Pregnancy health and well-being for Mother/ Birthing person/ Father/ Partner and Baby.
- How to prepare for Birth Emotionally, Physically, Mindfully.
- Noticing 'Worries and Positive' Expectations with pregnancy, birth, babies and parenthood.
- Role of LMC's Midwives,Obstetricians and GP's and others.
- Acupressure, Optimal baby positioning for an easier birth
- Relaxation and breathing exercise
MOOD and Milk
- Labour and Birth Naturally and Medically.
- Pain Relief options Natural and Medical.
- Immediately after birth, postnatal checks
- Skin to Skin, delayed cord clamping,
- First hours with your baby
- The basics on Breastfeeding, latching, feeding choices and other options.
- Life changes, relationship changes.
- Postnatal Blues V Postnatal depression.
- Postnatal Support and help.
- Facebook group, Coffee group
- Advice about Mothers support group
- Baby basics ..... Bathing, Dressing and Nappies etc
- How to best stop a baby crying and ideas on what to do.
- Sharing knowledge of how infants sleep so both mother & whanau can enjoy this time with their new baby.
PLEASE BOOK USING AN EMAIL FOR PERSONAL USE SO I CAN MAKE CONTACT WHEN YOU ARE ON MATERNITY LEAVE so you get reminders and if venue changes.
Also write your Estimated due date, your DOB and LMC name in the comment box.
- Classes are held at Titirangi Wellness Centre, 511 South Titirangi Rd, Titirangi.
- Class time, see each individual class.