Expert evidenced based classes run by a Midwife / IBCLC, sharing with you all the information you need to know on how to prepare for a calm birth & family life.
Each booking is for a Pregnant woman and one support person.
Topics Covered include:
- 8-10 couples per class so there is time to connect and meet others.
- Please note: We ask you to bring yourself a drink and a snack for morning tea.
- Optimal Pregnancy health and well-being for Mother/ Birthing person/ Father/ Partner and Baby.
- How to prepare for Birth Emotionally, Physically & Mindfully.
- Noticing 'Worries and Positive' Expectations with pregnancy, birth, babies and parenthood.
- Role of LMC's Midwives,Obstetricians, GP's and others.
- Acupressure, Optimal baby positioning for an easier birth naturally or medically.
- Relaxation and breathing exercise.
Emotional suppport and encouragement, Milk & BABY LOVE
- Labour and Birth Naturally and Medically.
- Pain Relief options Natural and Medical.
- Immediately after birth and postnatal checks
- Skin to Skin, delayed cord clamping,
- First hours with your baby
- The basics on Breastfeeding, latching, feeding choices and other options.
- Baby basics ..... Cord care, Cleaning, Dressing and Nappies etc
- First days with your baby.
- Coffee group set up.
PLEASE BOOK USING AN EMAIL FOR PERSONAL USE SO I CAN MAKE CONTACT WHEN YOU ARE ON MATERNITY LEAVE so you get reminders.
Please write your Estimated due date, your DOB and LMC name in the comment box.
More about Cathy McCormick
RN, RM, IBCLC, NDC practitioner with Fussy Baby Network.
- Cathy is a Lactation Consultant, Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife, NDC / Possums Practitioner and mother of three grown up children.
- Cathy is a postnatal midwife for Origins Obstetricians and others.
- Cathy is an experienced lactation consultant and is an expert in the latest evidence in breastfeeding techniques, mother and baby health, sleep and cry & fussy baby behaviours.
- Cathy is employed ay Waitemata health as a specialist midwife in the 'Tongue Tie Restriction Clinic' assessing and providing treatment if required.
- Cathy believes that every mother / father / parent and baby has their own special “uniqueness”. Let me help you to gain an inner confidence that will allow you to believe that you are exactly the 'right match' for your baby.
- Cathy has a special interest in Maternal and Infant mental health & mood support. She has completed further study in ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).
- Cathy is an accredited NDC Practitioner 'Infant Neuroprotective Developmental Care' with The Fussy baby Network.
*We support parents using Acceptance & Commitment Therapy skills, but we are not a psychology service and unfortunately we cannot accept crisis referrals or mental health care plans.